GreyGhostGames

Fabulas (Fables) introductory game (through the chat room)

Fabulas (Fables) introductory game (through the chat room)

Hi there

After a long time pondering about running a game here of  my fairy tales/victorian setting "Fables", I think now it's about time.

My idea is running a (short) scenario I wrote for a CON a couple years ago, through the chat room on this site. It takes places in 1850 in the middle of Russia, when four agents of the Storytellers Society (plus a cat) return from Moscow after a failed intel mission. The characters are a polish woman (also a medium), a german count, a monster trying to pass for human (think Beauty and the Beast) and a spanish antique dealer/bookseller with a talking cat (which qualifies both as a curse and a blessing).

As many people here live on different time zones, the first task would be choosing a day and hour in which we can all meet here.

BTW Fables is a quite standard Fudge flavor, so besides some specific details there shouldn't be any need to explain anything in term of rules.

Questions & doubts, right here current/smile

Jorge

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Fabulas (Fables) introductory game (through the chat room)

That sounds fun. I'd be up for trying it, provided my schedule is at all cooperative. I favor the count (who I assume is Prussian?)

The [-] die.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Assuming we can work out a schedule (which may not be easy, I admit), I'd love to play a curse/blessing cat!

-Steffan

Actually, the cat's story is as follows. The antique dealer ran over it with a carriage by accident almost killing it. He took the poor thing, deeply affected by the accident, and uttered a catastrophic, sincere wish: "I wish I could save your life, wee one". Catastrophic, because the dying cat in his arms whispered back "So be it" and drained him of his stamina till it knocked him out.

Two days later he awoke in his house, where he had been taken by the driver of the carriage and left in care of his housekeeper. With a cat on his bed looking at him intently. The same cat he almost killed, now almost fully healed (although one of his paws seemed ill-mended). And it insisted into talking to him when nobody was watching, talking about a world beyond the human limits, out of gratitude of his sincere wish of saving his life. And even when the cat was slightly lame, you can bet the human couldn't get rid of the animal no matter how hard he tried!

However, before he lost his sanity the antique dealer was visited by some strange people who shed light upon this incredibly weird incident, and confirmed most of what the cat had told him, at least on human terms. With their help, he managed to anchor his slipping sanity to his humanity although with an open window to a world of fairy tales... and nightmares.

That's why the cat is a curse. In hindsight he'd rather had fled the accident to live forever after in the happiest ignorance. But it's also a blessing, because he is a mine of information and has the magical power of healing, even to people recently dead -though he powers it stealing the life force of a willing subject, like he did when he healed himself.

BTW, the cat is black (black cats are considered unlucky in many places, for example Spain). His name is Zape (roughly translated as 'Shoo'). Besides that he's just puzzled why his "master" isn't more grateful for the valuable gift he gave him.

About time schedules, I live on GMT +1 and could run the game on friday/saturday evenings and/or sundays. It isn't a specially long module, so it can be played in one, at worst two sessiones.

Sounds great to me, Jorge!  Sundays are right out, but Fri evening or Saturday may be doable.

Hmm. I can probably manage Wednesdays, or early Saturday morning, U.S. time. Right now I'm GMT + 8, which is probably not the best for schedules. Sundays U.S. time would be ideal, but that creates scheduling conflicts already.

The [-] die.

If you can get enough gamers to play on a Sunday, I will happily bow out so you can run it for them.

No way! No one gets left behind! current/smile

And much less the big boss! current/smile

Though I can only play on weekends, I'd like to play the "monster trying to pass for human". current/smile

sos wrote:

If you can get enough gamers to play on a Sunday, I will happily bow out so you can run it for them.

Considering that you, you know, wrote the entire system in question I'm thinking its only reasonable that you'd have top priority as a player.

The [-] die.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
dcshuman
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Latest Posts

I'm glad it's useful
Looks very clear on my 'phone. Thanks for...
Hi, I took some time to reformat the Fudge SRD...

Dice Roller

Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login