GreyGhostGames

Fabulas (Fables) introductory game (through the chat room)

Re: Fabulas (Fables) introductory game (through the chat room)

Goethe, the monster (a Cursed One, according to my terminology of the Storytellers Society), is a huge human-like being of monstruous appearance, who doesn't remember how or when became that way. He's easily four centuries old (because he doesn't age), and after looong years alone in the woods and/or ruins he found company and comfort in an traveling fair where he was accepted as a "natural" freak. With a bit of makeup and a good disguise he became the incredible "Obelisk man", a huge and inhumanly strong fair attraction. Here he also met Irene, a polish woman who acted as the fair seer but actually was truly "gifted" as a medium.

Later they were contacted by the Storytellers Society and joined it. Goethe, mainly to find answers and a cure to his curse, and Irene just out of friendship with the tragic creature.

Goethe is very large, strong and tough, but is almost mute (can't utter more than a few words or is rendered almost inconscious with pain) and also has no memories of his former self, which can't be regained normally.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Knaight wrote:

sos wrote:

If you can get enough gamers to play on a Sunday, I will happily bow out so you can run it for them.

Considering that you, you know, wrote the entire system in question I'm thinking its only reasonable that you'd have top priority as a player.

When it comes to playing, we're all equal players together!

Goethe also sounds interesting, Jorge - nice scenario!  If we don't get enough interest here, I can announce it on rpggeek.com and see if we can get a couple more.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

sos wrote:

When it comes to playing, we're all equal players together!

Nah, we're a bit biased here current/wink

I may have a british pal interested as well. I'll ask her ASAP to be sure.

About the non-human characters, actually they should be rare in most standard games, although for introductory games I often allow one. My weirdest adventure involved four imaginary characters (out of 6 pregenerated chars, I brought a kitsune, two inanimates, a puss in boots, a goblin and a cursed one)... great chaos!

Dungeonero wrote:

My weirdest adventure involved four imaginary characters (out of 6 pregenerated chars, I brought a kitsune, two inanimates, a puss in boots, a goblin and a cursed one)... great chaos!

Aiieee!  I want this game in English!  Somebody please translate it and publish it!

[And while I'm at it, another Fudge game I'd love to see in English is Draug.]

Actually that adventure is barely a page with a few instructions about how to run it, the pregen chars do take much more space current/tongue

Besides, that adventure takes place around New England, and may be too stereotypical for anyone with better notions of history than I do, I'm afraid.

I can anyway run it, too. I know at least someone who's very interested current/wink

Dungeonero wrote:

Actually that adventure is barely a page with a few instructions about how to run it, the pregen chars do take much more space

I mean translate the whole book: Fabulas!

Ah current/smile I'm glad you like the book that much current/smile

BTW, I think we may speed things up if you announce it on Rpggeek.com as you suggested.

Sages: Faith moves mountains (aka Belief is power)

The "sages" from the Storyteller Society, are the agents who have externsive knowledge of the imaginary world, and are often entrusted with the responsability of finding solutions in cases of imaginary activity in conflict with humanity. Plus sometimes are able to conduct ritual of pseudo-magic to help them in their tasks.

Irene and Mariano (the spanish antique dealer) are sages in this adventure.

Hunters: ...and so does nitroglycerin (aka Threading where the brave dare not go).

The "hunters" on the other hand are brave and tough men and women who protect the sages from mundanes, beasts and imaginary threats, even to the point of sacrificing themselves in no-win situations. Armed with saber and gun, their best weapons are however courage and guts.

Goethe and Ferdinand (the german count) are hunters in this adventure.

The two roles aren't however strict. Many sages are capable of defending themselves, are most (surviving) hunters manage to learn something about the imaginary world after a while.

Quick update. I'm still looking for an extra player, but I won't make you wait for too long, so we'll probably stick with the people interested so far.

No big surprise nobody is interested at rpggeek.com, most of the games I run are too "weird" current/tongue (and of course, playing online isn't a good alternative for most people).

I'd be interested in playing the medium. current/big_smile But I can't promise anything, depends on when the game is.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
dcshuman
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Latest Posts

I'm glad it's useful
Looks very clear on my 'phone. Thanks for...
Hi, I took some time to reformat the Fudge SRD...

Dice Roller

Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login