GreyGhostGames

Fabulas (Fables) introductory game (through the chat room)

Re: Fabulas (Fables) introductory game (through the chat room)

Ok, thanks to Knaight's support and advice we may have a better amount of players to give it a try.

Tentative dates:

* Any saturday/sunday starting at 15:30 GMT+1 (it's a short game but it may take more with the background info needed, fortunately none rules-wise, mostly).

(Except the 26th this month, got a Pathfinder game myself).

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Now that Thanksgiving is over, and Christmas/New Year isn't still here, are there still anyone interested? :-?

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Yes! I'm still interested. current/big_smile

I'm still interested, but confess play by chat is something I have a hard time scheduling.  Sorry!  Somebody pick a Friday or Saturday (EST evening) and I'll see if I can join in.

Hi there! A quick reply to add that this subject isn't dead, just paused. No matter the odds I intend to run the game here current/smile

With the holidays already gone, it should be easier to do it!

No worries, Dungeonero. current/smile

When everything falls into place, just let us know.

Thanks and good luck!

Red Riding Hoods: between two worlds

The so called "Red Riding Hoods" or just "Red Hoods" of the Storyteller Society, are people who have experienced an extensive exposure to the magical world before joining the Storyteller's Society (usually by getting lost on faerie mounds, being kidnapped by imaginaries, or by choice) and later manage to return home, flee or are just released from captivity. Most have an innate understanding of the imaginary world, and others even develop magical abilities of their own (and sadly, magical restrictions as well).

No Red Hoods in the incoming game at all.

Pure imaginaries: fantasy incarnated

Some magical creatures end up working with the Storyteller's society, though their motivations are usually hazy. Most have life debts they repay helping the Society, others are forced through their true names, but a few have worked to gain the trust or help of their human counterparts. However, no one of them is human, can we actually fully understand any of them? They're, however, very rare (fortunately). The most usual types are aesopians (talking animals), inanimates ("living" beings constructed rather than born), faeries and cursed ones (beings who once were human... usually).

Zape, the talking cat of this adventure, is a pure imaginary (however he wasn't developed as a full fledged character; instead he was created as a "Puss in boots" Gift, which allows a human character to have an imaginary "pet" as a helpful companion).

Imaginary Knowledge: basic supernatural knowledge commonly shared by members of the Storyteller's Society (also by anyone well versed in occultism), covering the what/when/where/how of the magical world, including some individual beings powerful enough to create myths on their own.
Imaginary Creatures Knowledge: similar to the previous knowledge, it covers mostly only the knowledge of magical beings, their usual behavior, powers and weaknesses.

Both knowledges deal with stuff which can be described as random at best, and thus are capped at Great.

Magic Theory: knowledge developed by the Storyteller's Society used to perform rituals of pseudo-magic, which are slow, difficult to cast and prone to failure. Often the success or failure is discovered when their put to test, so they're used only when needed and more as tools than as weapons. Their main uses are Divination, Protection, Expulsion and Control. An expert in this skill develops in the spot the bare bones of a ritual to achieve the specified goal, but the aforesaid ritual is cast with other skills he might not even have (for example, Mathematics, Chemistry, Astronomy, etc).

Imaginary Alchemy: pseudo-scientific knowledge which uses imaginary and mundane ingredients to develop "magical" substances (for example, to harm unbeatable foes or brew potions with supernatural effects). Also used to identify magical creatures through byproducts left behind.

Hmmmm... do you guys find it worthwhile the bits of info I'm writing here? I'm not sure if it's useful having in mind it's so specific to the setting, and I don't know if more of a handful of you is reading it.

Yes, I'm reading them, and yes I find them useful, thanks!  And thanks for sending me the character sheet - it looks awesome to play!

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
dcshuman
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Latest Posts

I'm glad it's useful
Looks very clear on my 'phone. Thanks for...
Hi, I took some time to reformat the Fudge SRD...

Dice Roller

Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login