GreyGhostGames

Fudge GM Screen

Fudge GM Screen

I was thinking that it would be nice to have a 3-panel GM screen for FUDGE that we could make freely available.

Hack-n-Slash has a GM screen that is for a FUDGE system, but it would be nice to have a free and open one. Scale/Speed tables would be there. Odds, NPC creation, plot twists, critical tables, range tables.

Basically it should have all of the stuff that a GM would want to have around for quick reference. A PC just decided to go off the path into the woods, what should he find there? It might help the brainstorm if there are some general twists that a GM could roll for or just pick from.

What are your thoughts?

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Fudge GM Screen

Go for it, harrypancakes! current/smile

I'd love to have my own Fudge GM Screen. Who knows what evil lurks inside a GM's screen??? current/wink

And, welcome to the community! current/big_smile

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Heck, yeah, I'm all for it. You make it, I'll use it. We could use a good comprehensive one, especially if it can fit in my customizable plastic screen (normal, not the landscape types).

I made this table for ranged weapons, specifically hand-drawn bow.
These values seem to make sense based on some research. How do you usually determine difficulty for ranged combat?

DistanceTarget size (Feet)Strength Required
(Yards)0.10.313103050
10GreatGoodFairMediocrePoorTerribleAbysmalMediocre
20SuperbGreatGoodFairMediocrePoorTerribleMediocre
30LegendaryGreatGoodFairMediocrePoorPoorFair
40LegendarySuperbGreatGoodFairMediocrePoorFair
50LegendarySuperbGreatGoodFairMediocreMediocreGood
60Legend+1SuperbGreatGoodFairMediocreMediocreGood
70Legend+1SuperbGreatGoodFairMediocreMediocreGreat
80Legend+1LegendarySuperbGreatGoodFairMediocreGreat
90Legend+1LegendarySuperbGreatGoodFairMediocreSuperb
100Legend+1LegendarySuperbGreatGoodFairMediocreSuperb

Great idea! I believe it would be nice for the screen to have a table with the "exchange rates" for the several traits at character creation. I've stumbled upon a player's character in Portuguese (which I'll be using tomorrow for my first Fudge GMing) which also has a small table with the costs for skill levels divided by difficulty level. This would seem a nice addition, too. And perhaps a VERY summarized version of the weapons list in the chapter "A set of weapons and armor for Fudge".

The Unexplained has a great GM screen that can work for a lot of "modern" rpg settings. I really like it, however it does employ the assumption that you are using the Unexplained version of Fudge Rules. I do depart from that version in some ways, however I still use the GM screen. I do think the Unexplained is the best presentation of Fudge rules I have found so far, however I am not a huge fan of the "setting".
The screen is a landscape style screen, and is available at drive thru RPG.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
dcshuman
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Latest Posts

I'm glad it's useful
Looks very clear on my 'phone. Thanks for...
Hi, I took some time to reformat the Fudge SRD...

Dice Roller

Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login