GreyGhostGames

BiS - Planetary Silence (MISSION: ACTIVE)

Re: BiS - Planetary Silence (MISSION: ACTIVE)

{STORY}

Nameless hops from tree to tree, trying in vain to keep the Terrans in sight.  As he nears the edge of the clearing, he spots a strange "animal" that appearing to be slowly scanning the trees and the ground below.  New. Silent.  Although he can see it moving, Nameless can sense no more of it than he does a tree or rock. Stupid?

Nameless observes the clearing, its buildings, and its occupants from his vantage point high in the tree (80 feet up).  These figures have senses he can feel, but only barely from this distance.  The closest one near the Terrans is puzzled, concerned, careful.  The Terrans are barely whispers in his mind now as they become more distant.

Nameless plucks another snack from the current tree. Strangers. Why? Bad place! Why?  Nameless thinks about who he has seen in the clearing, using fingers to help his inventorying.  Eyepatch.  Him with red patch (hankerchief in back pocket).  Him with scuff on arm.  Snoopy stupid animal.  Listening guy over there.   Who else? 

{ACTION}
Nameless cannot count (in the sense of assigning a numerical value to an observation), but attempts to spot and remember each individual (by some distinguishing character) visible in the clearing.  With vagueness and some concentration, he tries to understand the magnitude of what faces him.  He should be able to understand one, two, few (3-5, up to a handful), double*few=several (6-10, up to two handfuls), few*few (1 to 2 dozen))=bunch, several*few or more=wow, too many to track/separate.

Perception    Great [+][][+][-] = Superb

If Nameless sees no more than "several", he will climb down the tree and try to hide in the brush/growth along the edge of the clearing. 

Clinbing    Good  [][+][-][-] = Fair
Stealth     Good  [-][-][][+] = Fair

If Nameless sees more than "several", he will remain in his perch and continue to watch from cover.

Stealth     Good  [-][+][][] = Good
Perception    Great [-][-][-][] = Mediocre

{OOC}

Could you clear up my confusion?  Didn't the Terrans see a man with an eye patch sufficiently well to know the occupants are human?  The "young man and woman" dragged from the presence of the leader were not helmeted and so could be seen to be humans, right?  Your answer about the "soldier" near Ineki is to imply that it is not yet known if the group might be a mixture of humans and other (similarly sized) humanoids, right?  Presumably, the Terrans know what a Kiladian looks like and might expect a 6 feet humanoid possibly to be a light green-skinned Kiladian or a (variously pigmented) Human.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: BiS - Planetary Silence (MISSION: ACTIVE)

{RESULTS}

* Jenny is able to identify the robot as a LaTD Mark III Advanced Recon Bot. (Refer to image below for Stats)

* Ineki studies and plans their next move. 

*Bigilow waits for Ineki to give orders.

* Nameless can only see a handful of people in the camp (including man with cigarette and woman with blue cloth). He successfully climbs down from the tree and is able to hide.

* The Enemy Soldier has lost interest and is now patrolling the perimeter.


{STORY}

The place becomes silent as the people who have taken the camp continue to follow their mission, which is unknown to the rescue team. Nameless has climbed down in to the bushes to watch.

{GM NOTES}

* The person with the eye patch is human. The young man and woman dragged away were also human. Wearing the uniform of the Galactic Earthling Union's Science Division. There is no evidence if this enemy group is just human or mixed races. Hope that helps clear things up!

* Ineki did not respond in time so I'm holding the team where they are for the next week.

* As Nameless is now in the bushes, everybody please roll perception while Nameless rolls stealth to see if he can remain hidden.

* Robot Picture:  http://www.jtworld.net/mine/BiS/robot.png - Updated!

* Posts due November 18, 2012 at 00:00 GMT -5.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: BiS - Planetary Silence (MISSION: ACTIVE)

{STORY}

Nameless watches the listening guy resume his patrol. Boredom. Hunger.  As the guard moves towards him (counter-clockwise, and away from Ineki), Nameless lays on his belly in the thicker brush along the edge of the clearing.  As he "listens" to the guard's general fatigue with his task, Nameless creeps carefully clockwise (to the left) to get closer to the Terrans (Hope? Help?) without arousing the guard's attention and curiosity again.  Nameless tries to locate stupid animal visually due to its silence in his mind.  He lost sight of it during his descent, but thinks it is about 50 feet from the point where he alit.

As Nameless moves, he emphasizes stealth over speed, stopping whenever he thinks the guard is looking his way.  He tries to spot the robot in the tree, but even if he does spot it, he is unlikely to know if/how it observes its surrounding unless it moves like a "normal animal" scanning.  If he does see it, but it does not "act like it sees him", he will assume it has not seen him.

{ACTION}

Nameless sneaks through the underbrush circling to the left in the direction he last saw the Terrans  He tries to keep track of the guard's (listening guy) changes in attention with some visual checks for the guard and the "stupid" robot.

Stealth     Good  [][][+][+]  ==> Superb
Perception  Great [][+][][-]  ==> Great
Mind Scan   Fair  [-][][+]    ==> Fair +1 Psychic empathy ==> Good

If/when Nameless gets to the mouth of the path entering the clearing without attracting the guard's (or stupid animal's attention, he stops and hides motionlessly (on the right side of the path).  He tries to hear, sense, or locate the Terrans, but remain hidden from them.

Stealth     Good  [+][][][+]  ==> Superb
Perception  Great [][][-][]   ==> Good
Mind Scan   Fair  [-][-][+][] ==> Mediocre +1 Psychic empathy ==> Fair

{OOC}

Corrections to Nameless' physical description:  according to Jonathan, Kiladian adolescents are generally shorter than Human/Terrans of the same age (and weigh slightly less) .  So Nameless is only about 32 inches tall (81.3 cm), and 40 pounds (18.2 kg); this is about the size of a small "lassie"-style collie, although in a more elongated body shape of a biped.  In his typical erect crouch on the ground, he is about 20 inches tall.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: BiS - Planetary Silence (MISSION: ACTIVE)

"Fuck it" Lieutenant Ineki mutters, steeling himself for an action utterly unlike him. He takes one last look around, both to see that Jenny and Bigelow follow him and hoping to see something that won't necessitate his action. No such luck: He gestures, then goes. Anton breaks into a near run, dashing the short distance to the nearest door so as to enter the facility, rifle in a death grip ready to be used at any time. You've rolled the dice Anton. Don't let it happen again.

{ACTION}
Door Sprint (Agility, Good): Result Fair +, -, [], -
Lookaround (Perception, Great): Result Good, [], +, -, -

The [-] die.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: BiS - Planetary Silence (MISSION: ACTIVE)

*Sgt. Bigelow is surprised by Lt. Ineki's action <<What the frak is he doing!?!>>.

He sprints forward just enough to spot the sentry bot, goes down on one knee and fires three times! <<Gawd, I hope that's enough before it spots the lieutenant>>

{ACTION}
[-] [o] [-] [+] +1 Scope -1 Panic fire = Mediocre shots

{OOC}
I'm using the << >> signs to represent thoughts. It was used in a sci-fi novel I read. current/smile

EDIT: I'll burn up to all my Fudge Points to make this work. current/wink

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: BiS - Planetary Silence (MISSION: ACTIVE)

{STORY}
Jenny catches a glimpse of the robot and barely contains a squeal. "It's a L.A.T.D Mark III Advanced Recon Bot!" she whispers in an excited tone. "And she's a real beauty! The Mark III is quite agile and scanning... WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" she squeals louder, getting abruptly chocked out of her robot-admiration when Lieutenant Ineki dashes away, straight for the facility. "What is he.... Sarge, can I SHOOT him?" She barely had time to finish her sentence and quickly turns her head, fully expecting the Sarge to have shot Ineki instead. No such luck, Sgt. Bigelow was instead facing the Mark III. Jenny fumbles with her own weapon, indecisive.

With one last look at the running Ineki she decides to follow, although he DID deserve to get shot. Badly. In the ass.

{ACTION}
Jenny Ford runs like crazy after the Lieutenant, swearing under her breath and daydreaming about decapitating stupid people. Repeatedly.

Door sprint  (agility)  Good [-][+][-][+]  =Good
Scanning the surroundings for threats (perception) Great [+][-][][]= Great
Trigger happy, will shoot if anything is seen (firearms) Fair [][-][][] = Mediocre

{OOC}
Sure hope there isn't anything there to shoot, cus with that result she'll probably end up shooting Ineki anyhow. current/big_smile

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: BiS - Planetary Silence (MISSION: ACTIVE)

{RESULTS}

* Ineki succeeds in his run without being detected.

* Nameless sneaks down the path and is undetected. He is able to locate Ineki and Jenny.

* Bigilow is able to destroy the robot before being detected. (1 FP to change a - to a + spent)

* Jenny makes a run with Ineki and is able to get in cover without being detected.


{STORY}

The compound is still quiet even after their wild run. The trees moan softly as the wind is picking up. To the east, black boiling clouds are rolling closer. There is a bad storm on the way.


{GM NOTES}

* Fudgebob, you are more than welcome to use << >> in your posts for thoughts. current/wink

* Knaight, which facility are you trying to enter?

* I am giving two weeks for everybody to respond to this round as it is Thanksgiving weekend (at least for us in American). That'll give you time to get through the holidays and enjoy all that turkey!

* MAP OF PLANET - http://www.jtworld.net/mine/BiS/kiladian_planet.png

* MAP OF OUTPOST - http://www.jtworld.net/mine/BiS/earthling_outpost.png

* Posts due December 1, 2012 0000 GMT -5

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: BiS - Planetary Silence (MISSION: ACTIVE)

JonathanS223 wrote:



* Knaight, which facility are you trying to enter?

* MAP OF OUTPOST - http://www.jtworld.net/mine/BiS/earthling_outpost.png

{OOC}

Would it be possible to provide a version of the outpost png with letters labeling to various structure with capital letters in order to facilitate communication.  I find myself a bit disoriented between the 2 picture with the approach to the output appearing to be from the south-southwest (in kiladian_planet.png) but the path entering on the east of the earthling_outpost.png.   I have been assuming that Eyepatch and the prisoner drama might have occurred in the center of the complex (in front of the L shaped pair of buildings in the NW corner (although I do not see sight-lines which would have permitted ground level Terrans on the path to have seen it) and that Ineki and company are near the silo-shaped buildings (or behind the L-shape if they have gone a lot further from the path than I expected).

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: BiS - Planetary Silence (MISSION: ACTIVE)

{STORY}

Nameless spots thin man and little woman running towards the buildings. 
~Desperate caution. Determined uncertainty.~
~Puzzled obedience.  Angry duty.~

Nameless "listens" for heavy man, but his emotions (if any) are drowned out in the turbulent outflow from the other two.  The patrolling listening guy hardly seems to be listening at all now.  ~Impatient hunger.~

# Excitement. Chase. Discovery? #  Nameless feels the temptation growing within him to follow the Terrans on their adventurous path.  Soon thin man and little woman may disappear into the building out of sight.  # Bad place. Fear.  Pain, # Nameless recalls when he last passed the complex.  Thin man, little woman, and  heavy man are different. # Concern, Curious, Help. #

Nameless glance out to locate the patrolling guard and, when safe, he scampers across the opening of the path into the underbrush on the left side.  Nameless looks for the Terrans again.  Thin man and little woman have made it to the back of the buildings.  Nearly on all fours now, Nameless hastens through the brush to close the gap.

Focusing on the two Terrans near the buildings, Nameless does not detect Bigelow until he nearly runs into him.  Surprised, Nameless scurries to the nearest tree, positioning its trunk between them, and quickly starts to climb to the first whorl of branches higher than Bigelow's head.  There, he hugs the trunk and "listens" to see if Bigelow spotted him.

{ACTION}

Nameless crosses the path and hurries through the brush without detection by the guard.

Stealth            Good [+][-][+][] ==> Great
Mind Scan    Fair [-][][-][+] +1 Psychic Empathy ==> Fair

Nameless nearly runs up behind Bigelow, ducks behind tree, and climbs 8 feet to hide and "listen" to Bigelow.

Agility        Fair [+][][-][+] ==> Good
Climbing        Good [-][-][][+] ==> Fair
Stealth        Good [-][][-][]  ==> Mediocre
Mind Scan    Fair [+][-][][+] +1 Psychic Empathy ==> Great

{OOC}
As suggested by Fudgebob's comments, I have attempted to clean up the notation to distinguish the variety of "thoughts" in Nameless narratives.

Italics are psychic emotions.  When bracketed by tildas (~), Nameless is listening to others.  When bracketed in pound signs (#), Nameless is generating the emotional state (perhaps from his memories).

Underline are Nameless' mental labels for persons, things, etc.  He could not project a thought with this level of detail.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: BiS - Planetary Silence (MISSION: ACTIVE)

Sgt. Bigelow, through his rifle-scope, sees the sentry bot break up and disintegrate from his quick shots!

<<Got the sonafa-bot! I'm gonna squash that L.T. when I catch him!>> *growls

He gets up, to run after his teammates.

{ACTIONS}
Does he notice the Nameless one? Fair Perception + Fair Roll = Fair

{OOC}
Why didn't Nameless sense Bigelow? No PSI/Emphaty at all? current/wink

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats
 
Total Topics:
228
Total Polls:
0
Total Posts:
1134
User Info
 
Total Users:
1827
Newest User:
tkurtbond
Members Online:
0
Guests Online:
175

Latest Posts

Very sorry to hear that, Ann. Hope you can get...
Sorry, no progress.... 2017 has turned out...
Any progress on this or other PDF releases?

Dice Roller

 
 
 
 
Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login