GreyGhostGames

Interesting Unique Fudge Dice Ring

Interesting Unique Fudge Dice Ring

If you guys haven't seen the Dice Rings kickstarter you may want to take a look. They are making wearable spinner rings of various RPG dice. Their Fudge Dice Ring actually covers the full range of a 4dF.  http://2tu.us/6cu8

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Interesting Unique Fudge Dice Ring

I can't figure out that Fudge dice ring.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000 … 1351032516

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

It has two independent spinners. The +/- spinner has a 50/50 chance of ending up on either side. The numbered spinner has it's 0,1,2,3,4 faces of varying sizes to implement the 4dF probability curve correctly. The two spinners are seperate and never touch to keep them from interfiering from one another.

OK. It just seemed odd that the 4 is half as big as the 1, the 2 and the 0.

Yeah it actually threw me off the first time I looked at it.
Theoretically zero should be the biggest and four should be the smallest per: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:FUDG … bility.svg

Its hard to tell from that one picture but I think the two is smaller than the one, and that the three should be somewhere between the size of the two and the four.

What is the mechanics of using the ring to generate a result?  E.g. do you wear it on the index finger of your left hand, touch it with your right index finger, and give a wheel-of-fortune tweak?  Or carry to the game on your finger, remove it, and spin it like a top?

I feel like one would need Bob Barker or Drew Carey to oversee each roll.

They demonstrate it in the video with a d20, but it spins wheel of fortune style. The rFudge and r% rings both get two spins. In the case of the rFudge ring it is one spin for the +/- spinner and a second spin for the 0/1/2/3/4 spinner.

Can someone help me confirm the probabilities are right here... I am a bit confused.

Here is the detailed picture they posted of the ring:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000 … 1352258622

The results of 4dF are supposed to be:

-4       1/81        1.235 
  -3       4/81        4.938 
  -2      10/81       12.346
  -1      16/81       19.753
   0      19/81       23.457 
   1      16/81       19.753
   2      10/81       12.346
   3       4/81        4.938 
   4       1/81        1.235

A roll of 4dF is supposed to trend towards 0. 0 is its most likely outcome. Though the 1 on the ring has the highest surface area, meaning it I would think would trend towards +1/-1 ?

Nevermind I think I got it. Though ill leave the post up so people can see the photo of the distribution.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
dcshuman
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Latest Posts

I'm glad it's useful
Looks very clear on my 'phone. Thanks for...
Hi, I took some time to reformat the Fudge SRD...

Dice Roller

Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login