GreyGhostGames

Fae Edge: A free single page FUDGE RPG

Fae Edge: A free single page FUDGE RPG

Well, free for now. Just wanted to get it out and garner some feedback for those who wish to try it out. Not detailed setting information yet, just general overtones and the core mechanics in a single page. The game is about faeries in a very dark and hostile world, living in fortress cities that's already filled with heavy politics and betrayal among the factions who live there.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4a76HK … sp=sharing

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Fae Edge: A free single page FUDGE RPG

downloaded!

looks good. i'll give it a whirl with my fudge-brainwashed kids. current/wink

thanks for sharing, almond!

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

It sounds interesting. If I'm able to assemble a group, I'll see about getting you real feedback. But, preliminary stuff:

You don't specify what kind of dice are used to roll, and under the current system it is theoretically possible to roll the maximum on the dice. Which, I'm guessing, is 6.

Skill defaults are unspecified.

Injured-Wounded stacking is unspecified.

Basically, this is pretty incomplete as is, though I think it is still usable for those with a fairly solid Fudge background.

That said: I rather like attribute-race interactions, and the core concept sounds pretty interesting. I also like the whole concept of there being lots and lots of diving attacks in melee, though that might need to be more fleshed out mechanically.

The [-] die.

Well, you can use the normal dF for a -4 to +4 result, the maximum result for using the 4d6 method is -5 to +5 (which involves rolling 2 6's on the negative colour and at least a 5 on the positive colour, not easy at all). Rolling all 6's will be a result of 0.

The doc has stated that all penalties on wounds are cumulative, so they do stack (probably should've used that word).

About the skill defaults, it's supposed to start off at Poor. I probably should put that in.

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'll be updating the doc with the changes so that it'll be more air tight current/smile

But in any case, the one page thing is just a start. I'll be fleshing it out into a proper document soon (maybe after a month when work is not so hectic) with more readable font sizes and formatting. That way I'll have the room to flesh out different combat maneuvers, modifiers and especially the skill descriptions and magic. Not to mention including Scale for some really epic encounters.

I'm revisiting this project after leaving it for so long. I'm still maintaining the same theme and general outline as in the single page RPG 3-4 years ago.

I started this blog with the same name: Fae Edge

In it I'm building a proper full fledge RPG bit by bit, putting in small amounts of setting essays as well as rules that's going to be updated regularly. Chapters will be compiled into downloadable versions once they are complete.

Right now what's done is:

General world background
Character races (background only)
An entry about a special social group within the races
Base FUDGE rule with changes

A lot more work needs to be done but it's been fun so far!

Nice to see a Fudge project!

You might be interested to know that 2d6-7 is the same as 1d6-1d6, which is also the same as read the lowest roll of your plus or minus die (and in my opinion this is the most elegant).

The Convenient Skill
Swashbuckling Fudger
useravatar
28 Posts
Website 

Yup, I did realize that. But I couldn't explain it properly when I first drafted it and just went with a straight 2d6-7 because it compressed a couple of sentences into a single expression.

I'm currently fleshing out the skill and gift list chapters to complete the character creation (which I think might have some changes/fixes to do as well).

There is 1 guest and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
pdupuis
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Latest Posts

I'm glad it's useful
Looks very clear on my 'phone. Thanks for...
Hi, I took some time to reformat the Fudge SRD...

Dice Roller

Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login