GreyGhostGames

FUDGE combat: One level seems to make the entire difference

FUDGE combat: One level seems to make the entire difference

I could be wrong on this.  Let me state that up front.  However, it seems to me that with the standard FUDGE rules, a combatant even one level higher than another will almost ALWAYS win.

Also, with the death spiral for wounds (though I know this is always optional), a few hits and you are in big trouble.

Is that a fair reading of things, or am I missing something?

This is something that has kept me from running FUDGE as written for years.  Though I love the toolkit idea of FUDGE, I like  a little more variability in combat.

I could be very off base on this and this is no criticism of FUDGE.  Just a chance for me to get some long desired clarification.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: FUDGE combat: One level seems to make the entire difference

I use a Willpower / Constitution / Whatever roll to decrease the wound penalty. This way the death spiral can be endured a bit.

Also Fudge Points could allow you to ignore wound penalties.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Thanks Dungeonero.  Good food for thought.

Wasn't my idea, I think I read it in the standard Fudge game, or perhaps someone in one of the old Fudge lists proposed it a long time ago ^^

That one level makes a very, very big difference, yes. However, there are other factors that are just as big, such as numbers - two people one level below a character are going to horribly outclass them together, and when you combine shifting of groups with stances, indirect combat actions, etc. it can all get very variable.

The [-] die.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
dcshuman
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Latest Posts

I'm glad it's useful
Looks very clear on my 'phone. Thanks for...
Hi, I took some time to reformat the Fudge SRD...

Dice Roller

Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login