GreyGhostGames

Super powers for EZFudge

Super powers for EZFudge

"I am deeply indebted to Robert J. Garitta for his work on the superhuman powers rules. They make a grand addition to the EZFudge framework, so grand that I've only paraphrased them here. They get the full treatment in 'EZFudge: Powers Recipes.' "

I've been looking at Bob Portnell's "EZFudge" and noticed the above paragraph in a previous edition. Now, the powers rules don't seem to be in the more recent Ultimate edition, but I can't seem to find them anywhere else either. I believe that there may also be a similar set of rules for magic.

Does anyone know whether these rules were made available? and if so, where I could find them? Any help would be appreciated. EZFudge is looking very promising as a "grab it and go" version of the rules, but I'd love to see how the author dealt with supers.

‘If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone.
A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair.’

- Samuel Johnson

BigJackBrass
Two Separate Gorillas
useravatar
102 Posts
Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Super powers for EZFudge

EZ Fudge Powers by Rob Garitta and EZ Fudge Magic Recipes by Bob Portnell used to be available on Mr. Portnell's website through the wayback machine (www.archive.org) but appear to be gone now. I have both and can recommend them if you can still get them. If I had permission, I'd upload them to the Yahoo community along with some of the early EZ Fudge files that are slightly different from each other.

EZ Fudge Magic Recipes most closely resembles _Ars Magica_ with a few basic difficulties and effects plus some modifiers. 7 pages of very easy material.

EZ Fudge Powers links your power to one of your attributes, which acts as your skill as justification of your source (e.g. mental powers linked to Will attribute). You then have a class (Damage, for example) and some general rules (Scope, Duration) plus customization. There are many worked examples, and all are benchmarked in terms of game points (but not necessarily similar damage and/or other effects). Some character examples wraps it up in about 15 (?) pages. As the title says, EZ and playable very quickly.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

J.Tim wrote:

EZ Fudge Powers by Rob Garitta and EZ Fudge Magic Recipes by Bob Portnell used to be available on Mr. Portnell's website through the wayback machine (www.archive.org) but appear to be gone now. I have both and can recommend them if you can still get them. If I had permission, I'd upload them to the Yahoo community along with some of the early EZ Fudge files that are slightly different from each other.

EZ Fudge Magic Recipes most closely resembles _Ars Magica_ with a few basic difficulties and effects plus some modifiers. 7 pages of very easy material.

EZ Fudge Powers links your power to one of your attributes, which acts as your skill as justification of your source (e.g. mental powers linked to Will attribute). You then have a class (Damage, for example) and some general rules (Scope, Duration) plus customization. There are many worked examples, and all are benchmarked in terms of game points (but not necessarily similar damage and/or other effects). Some character examples wraps it up in about 15 (?) pages. As the title says, EZ and playable very quickly.

If the EZ Fudge files include a properly presented Open Game License (with section 15's copyrights updated and including the Fudge copyrights), you can go ahead and upload them to the Yahoo Fudge Community. (See http://fudgerpg.com/about/legalities.html)

However, I'm not sure the authors of EZ Fudge included the OGL....

Does anyone have contact information for Rob Garitta or Bob Portnell?

Ann DupuisGrey Ghost Press, Inc.

Hm, might try posting about this on the G+ group. Traffic here has really slowed of late current/sad

‘If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone.
A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair.’

- Samuel Johnson

BigJackBrass
Two Separate Gorillas
useravatar
102 Posts
Website 

No OGL that I can tell. But they do have the 1995 disclaimers and a copyright notice:

Disclaimer
The following materials based on Fudge, entitled EZFudge: Magic Recipes, are created by, made available by, and Copyright © 2004, 2006 by W. Robert Portnell. The contents of this document are not necessarily endorsed in any way by Grey Ghost Games or any publisher of other Fudge materials. Neither Grey Ghost Games nor any publisher of other Fudge materials is in any way responsible for the content of these materials unless specifically credited. Fudge materials Copyright © 1992-1995, 2005 by Grey Ghost Games, All Rights Reserved. Original Fudge Author: Steffan O'Sullivan.

Disclaimer
The following materials based on Fudge, entitled EZFudge: Powers Recipes, are created by, made available by, and Copyright © 2004, 2006 by Robert J. Garitta. The contents of this document are not necessarily endorsed in any way by Grey Ghost Games or any publisher of other Fudge materials. Neither Grey Ghost Games nor any publisher of other Fudge materials is in any way responsible for the content of these materials unless specifically credited. Fudge materials Copyright © 1992-1995, 2005 by Grey Ghost Games, All Rights Reserved. Original Fudge Author: Steffan O'Sullivan.

ABOUT FUDGE
Fudge is a role-playing game written by Steffan O'Sullivan, with extensive input from the Usenet community of rec.games.design. The basic rules of Fudge are available on the internet at http://www.fudgerpg.com and in book form from Grey Ghost Games, P.O. Box 838, Randolph, MA 02368. They may be used with any gaming genre. While an individual work derived from Fudge may specify certain attributes and skills, many more are possible with Fudge. Every Game Master using Fudge is encouraged to add or ignore any character traits. Anyone who wishes to distribute such material for free may do so - merely include this ABOUT FUDGE notice and disclaimer (complete with Fudge copyright notice). If you wish to charge a fee for such material, other than as an article in a magazine or other periodical, you must contact Grey Ghost Games for current policies.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
dcshuman
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Latest Posts

I'm glad it's useful
Looks very clear on my 'phone. Thanks for...
Hi, I took some time to reformat the Fudge SRD...

Dice Roller

Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login