GreyGhostGames

Cyberblues City

Cyberblues City

Although news of it has shown up on other Fudge groups and boards there doesn't seem to have been a mention here, so I'll post a link although I should point out that the game is not my work:

Cyberblues City

A rather heavily modified version of Fudge, but it's Fudge nonetheless!

‘If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone.
A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair.’

- Samuel Johnson

BigJackBrass
Two Separate Gorillas
useravatar
102 Posts
Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Cyberblues City

Thanks for bring this up. If I may I'd like to describe a bit what the game is like.

Cyberblues City is a complete, self-contained game. Its 38 page pdf with my own illustrations. The pitch is a lighter take on cyberpunk, both in terms of system as with tone.

In terms of system, the trick was really to shift all the crunch to the players while leaving things very streamlined for the GM.  There are a few new mechanics that aren't part of the traditional Fudge toolkit.

The tone is often funny, sometimes satirical other times just playfully eccentric. Anyone who enjoyed my previous Fudge game, Bounty Hunters of the Atomic Wasteland will recognise the style.

Anyway,  it was fun to go back to writing a Fudge after all these years. Hope you folks enjoy it.

James

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

This is awesome and inspiring. Thank you for making it and sharing it!

sorry for the double post!

Thanks.  I don't think I'd heard Cyberblues City called "inspiring" before but I'll take it!

If you enjoyed Cyberblues City you might want also check out Bounty Hunters of the Atomic Wastelands. The games share much of their DNA and while BHAW is techincally Fate converting it to Fudge would be trivial. Here's the link https://ukrpdc.wordpress.com/2014/01/05 … astelands/

Thanks.

Inspirational in a "I want to make one" sort of way.

This looks really cool. If I manage to get some actual use in (my players tend to shy away from things like "reading the rules" and "mechanical complexity"), I'll post results.

The [-] die.

Jeffrywith1e wrote:

Inspirational in a "I want to make one" sort of way.

You should absolutely make your own game. I won't lie to you, even a simple 38 page book takes a huge amount of work,  and mixed with the fun, creative stuff are the dull, painful parts like proof-reading.  But there is a special kind of satisfaction running your own game and working with Fudge is great as it is so malleable, it supports  you rather than constrains you.

Knaight wrote:

This looks really cool. If I manage to get some actual use in (my players tend to shy away from things like "reading the rules" and "mechanical complexity"), I'll post results.

I've run Cyberblues City for a lot players who had not read the rules or played Fudge (or  Fate) before without any problems other than having to remind some players that of their Fate Points. 

Baseline characters start out as very competent and there are very few mechanical gottchas  which you can catch by vetting the character sheets before play.  Mostly it comes to players not noticing the links between a Trait and certain Gifts. So for instance characters who choose a Sports Car as a Gift really need GREAT Reflexes to see any benefit. Likewise the Rocket Gauntlet Gift can be a little underwhelming without a decent FIGHTING Trait. 

Also when if come to choosing a Career encourage the players to choose one that doesn't not simply duplicate their Gifts. The Career should help round the character, often in unexpected directions.

If you do get round running Cyberblues City I would love to hear about it!

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
dcshuman
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Latest Posts

I'm glad it's useful
Looks very clear on my 'phone. Thanks for...
Hi, I took some time to reformat the Fudge SRD...

Dice Roller

Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login