GreyGhostGames

Hello. Fudge as a tool for education

Hello. Fudge as a tool for education

Hello everyone,

I am a father of 2 children, 8 and 13. My wife and I home-school our kids and I had an idea to teach history, social studies, math, etc. etc. by playing it! I started looking around at RPG systems and fell in love with Fudge for it's simplicity of execution, leaving lots of room for unencumbered story telling.

I played a little D&D when I was a teen and more recently ran a "Tales From the Wood" adventure for my son and my nephews, so I have a little experience but not a lot.

What we want to create is an adventure in "New France"  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_France combining real history, events and people.

I am still fleshing out the details and gathering information and I will provide details and updates as we go! I would love to hear any ideas, suggestions or comments, from the community that could help us make this a reality.

Cheers!

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Hello. Fudge as a tool for education

Cool idea. I happen to be pretty ignorant of a lot of that history. I'd love to hear how the game went if you go for it!

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Hey :-)

I was wondering if anyone would answer. Seems quite dead around here.

Thanks for your interest. We are definitely going to do it. I have been studying the history myself as I am a little rusty. I will keep this thread updated with progress.

If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.

On top of studying history, it might be worth tracking down some literature from the period, to supplement the overview of historical events with the sort of nitty gritty cultural details that literature is often so good at. Plus, if you end up using something like chapter quotes, it's a good source for that.

The [-] die.

Knaight wrote:

On top of studying history, it might be worth tracking down some literature from the period, to supplement the overview of historical events with the sort of nitty gritty cultural details that literature is often so good at. Plus, if you end up using something like chapter quotes, it's a good source for that.

Excellent idea! It seems so obvious now that you have said it. I have be stuck in the dry historical details over the past month or so. Thank you for the feed back. We are planning on getting things more formally down on paper over the holidays.

niven wrote:

I was wondering if anyone would answer. Seems quite dead around here.

It comes and goes in spurts. One of the major places that we talk is at the yahoogroups.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/fudgecommunity/

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
dcshuman
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Latest Posts

I'm glad it's useful
Looks very clear on my 'phone. Thanks for...
Hi, I took some time to reformat the Fudge SRD...

Dice Roller

Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login