Just Fudge It!
Fudge is a word-based roleplaying game customizable (by design) to fit any genre or play style. The 10th Anniversary Edition includes everything from the core Fudge rules, plus a whole lot more!
We collected together extensive lists of character traits for character creation, alternative rules (including a vehicle design system, dogfighting, cybernetics, netrunning, superheroes, and advice on running Fudge) and a whole lot more!
Easy to play (the word-based system and simple game mechanic to resolve actions let you concentrate on the story rather than the rules)
Skill-driven (choose broadly defined skill groups or detailed individual skills – or anything in between)
Flexible (play any style from gritty realism to legendary heroics and create any character in any genre – even bunnies!)
- Choose your own attributes, gifts, faults, and skills
- Play “subjectively” (just “fudging” it) or “objectively” (with "crunchier" rules)
- Use the rules you like best, they’re all optional
- Choose your favorite dice techniques, or play diceless
- Incorporate any of the many available optional rules, techniques, and add-ons (including magic systems and the like) – or create your own!
GGG1020, Fudge 10th Anniversary Edition, 320 pages, hardcover
Fudge dice are not required but are recommended.
Gamemastering Secrets presents a lot of advice for gamemasters of any system.
Terra Incognita is a complete Fudge game set in the Victorian/Pulp genre.
A Magical Medley offers six different magic systems and a whole lot more.
Another Fine Mess serves as a great stand-alone adventure and as a good introduction to Fudge (with “All the Rules You Need to Know”).
There are several other publishers also using the Fudge system in their products. This makes for a diverse range of Fudge games (including Now Playing! from Carnivore Games and The Collectors from Rogue Publishing).