GreyGhostGames

Hello from UbiquitousRat

Hello from UbiquitousRat

Hi. My name is Che Webster and I am returning to Fudge to create a new fantasy setting in which my primary aim is to attain a greater level of Otherworld Immersion through play. Not sure what that’ll look like yet, but I am here to work it out.

Anyone home?

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Hello from UbiquitousRat

Hello! Sadly, this forum has been quiet - although not dead - for a while now, so it's good to see a new member. We've not all abandoned the place, however.

‘If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone.
A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair.’

- Samuel Johnson

BigJackBrass
Two Separate Gorillas
useravatar
102 Posts
Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Welcome, Che!

I'd love to hear more about your fantasy setting.

And can you tell me more about "Otherworld Immersion?" If it's a term for a specific style of RPG play or something similar, I'm not familiar with it. :-)

Ann DupuisGrey Ghost Press, Inc.

Thanks for the welcome! Glad it’s not dead.

Ann, the term “Otherworld Immersion” was coined by Daniel Jones (aka as author Daniel Ionson) when he and I recently spoke for an interview. I liked the term greatly as I feel it captures the essence of something I have been lacking for a long time: the sense of being able to go deeply into a world and feel close identity with your character, to experience things through their perception of the world, and to seek to shed the modern preconceptions I have so often brought to the table in more “typical” play.

I feel that Fudge might offer me a route towards this due to the descriptive traits and more flexible rules system. I am hoping to adapt it to some different methodology and bring more life to my world of Mykovnia.

Hope that doesn’t sound too pretentious or abstract, now that I type it out.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
dcshuman
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Latest Posts

I'm glad it's useful
Looks very clear on my 'phone. Thanks for...
Hi, I took some time to reformat the Fudge SRD...

Dice Roller

Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login