GreyGhostGames

Electronic Media -

Electronic Media -

Hey All,

I saw this board as being empty, so thought I would start a thread.

Does anyone know of any electronic .pdf or similar stand-alone electronic rpgs (does not have to be Fudge) that are not a computer game but take advantage of media more than just a fillable .pdf character sheets?

Not talking about a content items for a virtual tabletop (such as a module for Fantasy Grounds/Astral/roll 20, etc... ), but stand-alone products.

Cheers,

Tom

Beautifulharmony
Highly Skilled Roustabout
useravatar
26 Posts
Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Electronic Media -

The only thing to come to mind would be Greg Porter's EABA, which uses more advanced PDF functions. It does include fillable character sheets, as it happens, but they also do calculations for you.

The various EABA PDFs include things such as dice rollers built in and other bells and whistles, although there is a major drawback: the extras only really work properly on a desktop PDF reader. On a tablet, where they would arguably be more useful, PDF software is considerably more limited and struggles to handle them. I never did find an Android app capable of using them properly; things are better on iOS but even there you're pretty much restricted to PDF Expert.

I asked a programmer friend why there was such poor utilisation of these JavaScript functions in mobile PDF readers and he basically reacted with horror at the very idea  current/big_smile

‘If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone.
A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair.’

- Samuel Johnson

BigJackBrass
Two Separate Gorillas
useravatar
102 Posts
Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Inexplicably duplicated reply I can't seem to delete.

Edited by: BigJackBrass - Jul-02-21 04:26:03

‘If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone.
A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair.’

- Samuel Johnson

BigJackBrass
Two Separate Gorillas
useravatar
102 Posts
Website 

BigJackBrass wrote:

The only thing to come to mind would be Greg Porter's EABA, which uses more advanced PDF functions. It does include fillable character sheets, as it happens, but they also do calculations for you.

The various EABA PDFs include things such as dice rollers built in and other bells and whistles, although there is a major drawback: the extras only really work properly on a desktop PDF reader. On a tablet, where they would arguably be more useful, PDF software is considerably more limited and struggles to handle them. I never did find an Android app capable of using them properly; things are better on iOS but even there you're pretty much restricted to PDF Expert.

I asked a programmer friend why there was such poor utilisation of these JavaScript functions in mobile PDF readers and he basically reacted with horror at the very idea  current/big_smile

Thanks!

Yeah, I do have the default on my .pdf readers set to "not allow scripting."
We can't have fun toys because the kids who laugh when they kick over snowmen and sand castles go on to make MS-Word and Excel malware... Sigh.... current/sad

Beautifulharmony
Highly Skilled Roustabout
useravatar
26 Posts
Website 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
dcshuman
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Latest Posts

I'm glad it's useful
Looks very clear on my 'phone. Thanks for...
Hi, I took some time to reformat the Fudge SRD...

Dice Roller

Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login