GreyGhostGames

Polar Fudge Adventures Musketeers: The Extraction

Polar Fudge Adventures Musketeers: The Extraction

Never mind the quality, feel the width!

Yes, it may not be the finest example of an actual play podcast, but the crew at Whartson Hall have been putting out unedited audio adventures since January 2007. Expect the sort of language, jokes and meanderings common to many a table: this is a group of friends gaming to unwind after work.

With that out of the way, we've just started a new adventure using Steffan O'Sullivan's scenario The Extraction and the Polar Fudge Adventures rules. It's 1628 and (after character creation) our happy band of Musketeers are sprung from gaol to undertake a secret mission involving one of Cardinal Richelieu's spies. You can find the audio here.

Edited by: BigJackBrass - Jan-27-23 09:06:56

‘If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone.
A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair.’

- Samuel Johnson

BigJackBrass
Two Separate Gorillas
useravatar
102 Posts
Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Polar Fudge Adventures Musketeers: The Extraction

Cool. I've never seen/heard an Actual Play for any Fudge-based games. Thanks for doing this. Sounds like you players had a good time, though I suspect they would have had as much fun using any number of other systems. Where I think Polar Fudge Adventures delivers is on the GM side. It streamlines what the GM has to do and with the Minion Machine, Best of Three Contests and other bits of pieces, supports the sort of GM that like to improvise a lot during play.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Compared to most quite stripped-down builds, yours has enough little extras built into it to interest those players who like their mechanical toys. This is the first time we've tried it, but the reaction was very positive.

We have done other Fudge recordings, most recently The Deryni Adventure Game.

‘If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone.

- Samuel Johnson

BigJackBrass
Two Separate Gorillas
useravatar
102 Posts
Website 

Compared to most quite stripped-down builds, yours has enough little extras built into it to interest those players who like their mechanical toys. This is the first time we've tried it, but the reaction was very positive.

- Samuel Johnson

BigJackBrass
Two Separate Gorillas
useravatar
102 Posts
Website 

- Samuel Johnson

BigJackBrass
Two Separate Gorillas
useravatar
102 Posts
Website 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
dcshuman
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Latest Posts

I'm glad it's useful
Looks very clear on my 'phone. Thanks for...
Hi, I took some time to reformat the Fudge SRD...

Dice Roller

Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login