GreyGhostGames

Alien(ish)

Alien(ish)

Chariot of the Gods

The latest adventure from the Whartson Hall crew is a foray into the world of the Alien RPG but using a slightly modified version of Polar Fudge Adventures (because Roger modifies everything).

Edited by: BigJackBrass - Mar-06-23 15:03:41

‘If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone.
A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair.’

- Samuel Johnson

BigJackBrass
Two Separate Gorillas
useravatar
102 Posts
Website 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Alien(ish)

Can I ask about the modifications? I am totally of the view that Polar Fudge Adventures is there to be hacked, just curious what direction your crew took.

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

I'm afraid I don't know specifically, although from playing it looks as though Roger was trying to meld a few elements from the licensed Alien RPG, as this is an adventure from that line. I'll mention it to Roger, and you could always ask on his forum at the link above.

Edit: Roger is going to detail the changes and either post here or pass along to me to do so, but he's busy right now and should be able to reply in a few days.

Edited by: BigJackBrass - Mar-08-23 05:46:27

‘If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone.

- Samuel Johnson

BigJackBrass
Two Separate Gorillas
useravatar
102 Posts
Website 

Sure, there is no rush. The general tone of the Polar Fudge games is pretty light hearted so I can definitely see the case for importing concepts like Stress and Panic from Alien (not that I've actually played the new Alien game).

What might be of interest in this instance are the Exploration Mode rules in Polar Fudge Medieval Adventures. What this does is suspend the automatic healing at the end of the scene, which is useful for dungeon crawls or any location that contains ongoing hazards. It does make the game play more tense and just a little more tactical.

Session two of Chariot of the Gods is now available.

- Samuel Johnson

BigJackBrass
Two Separate Gorillas
useravatar
102 Posts
Website 

Hi, Polar Blues!

This is a very rough-and-ready conversion. I use the stat and skill lists from Alien rather than the Polar Fudge ones.

FUDGE stats: Alien stat - 3.
FUDGE skills: Alien skill - 1.

A skill roll is stat + skill + 4dF. Stats very depending on the sort of task.

HP = Strength + 4
Story Points (i.e. Think points) = Wits + 3

Special abilities get converted ad-hoc, but True Grit and Reckless become "you can spend two Think points on [this class of roll] rather than just one".

I'm using the Agendas - at the end of act 1 I awarded 0-2 Story Points depending on how well each player felt their PC had done.

I'm not using the stress rules because I think my players are quite capable of playing stressed characters without the mechanics forcing them into it.

RogerBW wrote:

…my players are quite capable of playing stressed characters…

We're stressed enough in real life, it's hard not to play stressed characters.

- Samuel Johnson

BigJackBrass
Two Separate Gorillas
useravatar
102 Posts
Website 

BigJackBrass wrote:

RogerBW wrote:

…my players are quite capable of playing stressed characters…

We're stressed enough in real life, it's hard not to play stressed characters.

No kidding!

The third session is now available simply by clicking this handy hyperlink.

- Samuel Johnson

BigJackBrass
Two Separate Gorillas
useravatar
102 Posts
Website 

The final session of our alien adventure is now available for your listening pleasure.

- Samuel Johnson

BigJackBrass
Two Separate Gorillas
useravatar
102 Posts
Website 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
dcshuman
Members Online:
Guests Online:

Latest Posts

I'm glad it's useful
Looks very clear on my 'phone. Thanks for...
Hi, I took some time to reformat the Fudge SRD...

Dice Roller

Settings...
Color: 
Number: 
Done

Member Login